Time for New Comics


The average comic book buyer knows that Wednesdays are when specialty  shops have in their fresh set of new releases. Customers ask about what is in their pull list (I explain what that is in a previous post) and look for something new of the shelves. This trip also becomes a nice short trip unwind with a little socaulluzing I typically take care of all of this on a Thursday in my free time.

I walk in to be greeted by whomever is at the front desk to ask if I have any pulls. It could be the shop owner or one of his assistants. Might end up standing there for few minutes, regardless of who it is, just talking about our what has come out during the week.

From there I will look to the rack of comics to find any potential purchases other than my usual. I could decide to buy something that was just released or something interesting that has sat on the shelves for a while. Either way, it is usually worth the purchase.


For instance, you can sometimes be lucky enough for there to be special alternate cover to buy. Even if you have not bought the series before, it will look good enough to buy anyway.

After that, I could decide to do a number of things in the available free space for activities. There are card games, board games, and space just to read.

It is a great way to spend the day, if you are a comic fan or becoming one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Godd#mn Frank Miller: Superman Year One Announcement

Fanatix of Troy Owner: Jacob Messervy

Frank Miller: An Aggressive Tale